Wednesday, June 26, 2013

To Travel Is To Live




At Christmas I did a series of smaller versions of this as presents for my family.  Each showing the connection of where we "were" and they were.  This larger one shows the travels (ie moves) I have made between 1997 and 2013.

Wall Art - Created June 2013
Elements:
18"x24" canvas
United States Map paper (Paper Source http://www.paper-source.com/cgi-bin/paper/paper/index.html) (Wrapped and stapled to canvas to give the feel of a real map, but for a more solid/smooth look I suggest cutting the paper to fit and using Mod Podge to adhere/seal paper to canvas.)
Colored Mini Brads (Making Memories brand)
Colored thread (I matched the color of the brads between destinations, but as a general rule Reds and Oranges tend to show up best against this kind of paper)
Opal Paper tags (dates handwritten)
O-rings (attach tags to threads)
Sticker "To Travel Is To Live"

The final piece is not very heavy and can be hung with 3M adhesive strips, but for a more secure hang I suggest adding picture hanging hooks to the back of the canvas frame 

No comments:

Post a Comment